Senior Accountant role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced full-time Senior Accountant to join our high performing Business Services team.
McLean Delmo Bentleys is a dynamic professional services mid-tier firm consisting of progressive accountants, financial planners, auditors, mortgage brokers as well as tax and other specialists who are committed to creating, maximising and protecting the wealth of our clients. We belong to the Bentleys network (currently ranked 13th in the AFR Top 100 Accounting Firms), have been established for almost 50 years, and are continually growing. We have strong international connections, through our global associations with accounting firms in all major cities around the world.Our office environment is friendly, positive and supportive, we are passionate and committed to developing our team, with a structured mentoring program and access to development opportunities to support career development
We are looking for someone with:
- a CA/CPA qualification (or working towards)
- at least 5 years Australian public practice experience in a professional services firm
- strong technical skills and initiative
- excellent problem-solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
- the ability to take job ownership/accountability
- excellent verbal and written communication skills for liaising with clients and colleagues
- strong IT skills (MYOB AE and other MYOB accounting packages, Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Quickbooks, Xero)
- the ability to work under pressure in a close team environment.
About the role
Key duties of the role are:
- Preparation of income tax returns for individuals, companies, trusts and partnerships
- Preparation of financial reports for companies, partnerships and trusts
- Examining financial accounts and records and computing taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
- Ensuring that clients comply with periodic tax payments (e.g. BAS, IAS, Income Tax, FBT), information reporting, and other compliance obligations
- Assisting managers/partners in providing tax advice to clients, including attendance to client meetings where required
- Assisting managers/partners in advising clients on the effects of tax on individuals and business activities’ and providing strategies for asset protection and tax minimisation
- Assisting in training/mentoring junior staff, including induction for internal business processes.
Generous referral bonus schemes, casual Friday’s, monthly early finish days, social activities, excellent staff facilities including lunch area with outdoor balcony, access to Foxtel in staff room, flexible hours, opportunities for international secondments, an on-site gym with showers and changing area, annual flu vaccination and free weekly fruit deliveries to name but a few!
How to apply
If this sounds like the role for you, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation please contact Lindsey Kelly, HR Manager 03 9018 4666.